Friday, January 25, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Week 4 and ReCap

Well it is almost Week 4 of the Art Jewelry Element Earring Challenge.  I've noticed a couple of things about me that are different from my other colleagues.  First of all, I'm one of the few artists not selling my work.  I've always been afraid that making this into a Business would mean that I'm working again.  Even though my retirement has been challenging so far; I'm so happy each day when I get up and know my schedule is my own.  The other thing I've noticed is my photo's are horrible, I guess that means I need to work harder on my digital photography skills (sounds like a good goal for 2013).  With each week (thus far) I've tried to throw something new into the mix:  Week one was purely about the lampwork, Week two was to show you can make earrings using just about any technique, mine happened to be crochet.  Week three, cotton cording instead of metal and now Week four is all about the metal, bronze clay.


In future weeks, I will be exploring resin, ceramics and chain maile.  I can't wait to start working on Week 5!

Later - Dee

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings! I think it's great that you don't shy away from learning these techniques. And I think your photo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I love learning the techniques as much as any other part of it. I wish we had more classes and workshops here in Virginia. So far all my skill (or lack of skill) is self taught.

      Delete
  2. Dee, I think we have some things in common! I also am in the challenge and don't sell my work..yet! My pictures sure need a lot of work, it is also one of my goals for this year, I live in a rural area with NO classes, and bead shops a couple of hours drive, and this is my first BSBP. Looking forward to hearing about your jewelry journey this year!
    Gina Hockett

    ReplyDelete